Hilton Garden Inn is celebrating strong growth in Africa with four open properties and an additional 14 in the pipeline just three years after opening its first hotel on the continent in 2016.
Many of these properties represent first-in-country openings for Hilton Garden Inn and for the Hilton enterprise as a whole, including Botswana, Zambia and Uganda.
To date, Hilton Garden Inn has four properties and nearly 800 rooms open in Africa, including:
- Morocco: Hilton Garden Inn Tanger City Center (Opened March 2016)
- Kenya: Hilton Garden Inn Nairobi Airport (Opened February 2018)
- Zambia: Hilton Garden Inn Lusaka Society Business Park (Opened August 2018)
- Botswana: Hilton Garden Inn Gaborone (Opened February 2019)
There are two hotels expected to open this month:
- Uganda: Hilton Garden Inn Kampala
- Eswatini (formerly Swaziland): Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane
The pipeline also projects Hilton Garden Inn Windhoek in Namibia to open later this year, another first-in-country for HGI.
Other African countries in the Hilton Garden Inn pipeline include Malawi, Ghana, Egypt, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Nigeria and South Africa.
As Hilton Garden Inn expands in Africa, the Hilton enterprise as a whole is also expected to double its footprint across Africa from 44 hotels to almost 100 over the next several years.